2020 MHBC Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP)
VIP Points Summary
2019 VIP Points Summary
You may cash in your VIP points anytime.
December 25, 2019
Would you like to ride for free? Would you like free MHBC jerseys and gear?
Volunteer and earn credits towards future MHBC rides, jerseys, and more!
Starting our 10th Year:
VIP continues with a simplified points system and provides greater flexibility for volunteers to redeem their points.
Who can participate in VIP?
- All volunteers, regardless of membership, will be tracked in the VIP system.
- Exceptions include individuals serving as part of an agreement in which their organization will receive a charitable donation in return for their service. MHBC Board members are also exempt from the program.
How does it work?
During the 2020 ride year (October 2019 through the BCB100 in October 2020), the following volunteer efforts will be tracked and rewarded:
- volunteering for the BCB Training Team
- volunteering at special MHBC programs
- formally representing MHBC at area events
- working on special projects (e.g. mailing inventory, making phone calls, etc.)
Simplified Points System
Every volunteer opportunity will be listed as a specific level. Each level earns a different number of VIP points.
- General Positions - 10 points - applies to most volunteer opportunities where you are still able to take part in the ride or general assistance outside of a club ride.
- SAG Workers - 30 points - for working a SAG and missing the ride
- SAG/Route Marking - 40 points - for hosting/organizing a SAG stop and missing the ride, or route marking the weekend before the ride during the afternoon.
Reward Points Redemption
Redeeming your VIP points is easy! Volunteers may spend their points at any time during the calendar year. Points can be redeemed for MHBC merchandise, as payment credit toward one of our club rides or membership renewal.
Points are worth $0.50 each. Example point values: