2015 MHBC Volunteer Incentive Program (VIP)
Would you like to ride for free? Would you like free MHBC jerseys and gear?
Volunteer and earn credits towards future MHBC rides, jerseys, and more!
Starting our 4th Year:
2015 VIP continues with a simplified points system and provides greater flexibility for volunteers to redeem their points.
Who can participate in VIP?
- All volunteers, regardless of membership, will be tracked in the VIP system.
- Exceptions include individuals serving as part of an agreement in which their organization will receive a charitable donation in return for their service. MHBC Board members are also exempt from the program.
How does it work?
During the 2015 ride year (October 2014 through the BCB100 in October 2015), the following volunteer efforts will be tracked and rewarded:
- ride volunteers
- volunteering for the BCB Training Team
- volunteering at special MHBC programs
- formally representing MHBC at area events
- working on special projects (e.g. mailing inventory, making phone calls, etc.)
- serving on committees
Simplified Points System
Every volunteer opportunity will be listed as a specific level. Each level earns a different number of VIP points. All volunteer opportunities are Level 1 unless designated otherwise.
- Level 1 - 10 points - applies to most volunteer opportunities
- Level 2 - 20 points - for more time-consuming jobs or jobs we advertise as urgently needed
- Level 3 - 40 points - for countless hours of service (e.g. planning or coordinating event rides from start to finish and not being able to ride). 40 points is basically the most anyone can earn on one project or event.
Reward Points Redemption
Redeeming your VIP points is easy! Volunteers may spend their points any time during the calendar year, and points can be redeemed for MHBC merchandise, can be used as credit toward one of our club rides, or can be applied toward membership renewal.
Points are worth $0.50 each. Example point values:
How do I cash in my points?
- Once you're ready to redeem some points, simply contact MHBC Volunteer Coordinator Renee Santiago at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a coupon code for the number of points you wish to redeem.
- Once you receive your coupon code, you can use it on the MHBC website when paying for a ride or merchandise.
- You must use the entire credit/coupon value at one time. No refunds can be given.
- Only one coupon can be used per purchase.
Special VIP Merchandise
- VIP cycling jerseys may be special ordered and paid for with VIP credits only. If you have earned 120 points and would like a jersey, email the Volunteer Coordinator.
- If you never received any VIP socks or a VIP cap, and would like to "buy" them with points (supplies are limited), please contact MHBC Volunteer Coordinator Renee Santiago at email@example.com.
Questions about VIP or about volunteering?
Thanks again, Volunteers, for all you do to make this a fantastic club!