Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Snot, Sweat & Tears Time Trial Series
Snot, Sweat, at Tears Time Trial Series, powered by BPC Performance Coaching and MHBC
It's high time Memphis brought back a TT series - and that's what we're aiming to do. Since USA Cycling doesn't offer upgrade points, and because $10 one-day license purchases would possibly prevent new folks from testing this out, and because the Hightailers are awesome, we are running this series through the Memphis Hightailers. The goal is to provide a nice course where you can challenge yourself on the same course and same conditions as everyone else. Then do it again next month to see if you've improved!
Here are the details:
- Full Aero - All aero equipment allowed.
- Non-aero "Eddy Merckx" (No aerobars, time trial bikes, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed)
- 1st timer Full Aero - If you have never participated in a road racing event.
- 1st timer Eddy Merckx (No aerobars, time trial bikes, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed)
- Ride day registration opens at 4:45 pm and closes at 5:45 pm.
- First rider off at 6:00 pm.
- Riders will go off at 30-second intervals.
- No drafting is allowed. This is you vs the course vs the wind vs the clock.
- No aerobars, disc wheels, skinsuits, or time trial specific helmets are allowed in the Eddy Merckx Division.
Online registration closes at 10:00 am on Wednesday, July 26.
- Hightailers Member - $10 (Day of $15)
- Non-Hightailers Member - $15 (Day of $20)
Time Trial Distance: 10 miles
Preferred Event Parking:
Local rider Hays Patrick has offered up his large plot of land for parking. Note: it is about 3 miles from the event start on lower traffic roads. A great way to get a good warm-up and cool down in. Afterwards, everyone is welcome to kick back, swap some stories, enjoy a cold beverage (bring your own drinks) and relax for a bit before heading on home.
Address to Parking - 7533 Independence Rd, Millington, TN, 38053 - We strongly encourage everyone to park and set up here. Please DO NOT park on the course.
Location of Event Start:
Riders start at the north end of Watkins, heading south, right near Shelby Forest. They will turn around at the midway point and return back on the opposite side of the road, heading north. All traffic laws apply! This is NOT A CLOSED COURSE. Keep your head up and only change lanes and complete the U-Turn when it is safe to do so.
Use this address for Google Maps - This is the address for the corner store gas station that is right across from the start line - 7534 N Watkins Rd, Millington, TN 38053
The goal for this event is for you to test yourself against yourself and the course. There are no awards that are being given, other than the high-fives that are free with completion!
This is an open course. Keep your head up and know that cars are not going to be yielding to you - you must yield to them.
Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 6:00 PM
North end of Watkins Road
Club Ride - Special